First Teach for America Deadline!

TFA-logoHello seniors!

Well, I can’t believe that this is where we are at already. I remember so clearly moving into my senior apartment, getting everything situated, sitting on my beautiful full-size bed and thinking, “Senior year…so what’s next?”

Yes, graduation is coming for you, and coming for you fast. But don’t fear! You are in control of what you are doing after graduation. No, you are not in complete control, but you can make choices now that will set you up for a great position in May. And so, without further ado, allow me to present the first Teach for America post!

Now, we have written previously about Teach for America and the qualms people may have with this organization. However, for those who have an interest in education, it is clear that TFA can have extraordinary benefits for students. Typically a representative comes to campus to give more information about the program, however if you are already sure that you want to try for a TFA spot, the first deadline is September 13th! Click here for the application and good luck to all those interested!

Jelisa Adair

I am the Civic Engagement Fellow for 2013-2014. While a student at Wesleyan I double majored in Psychology and Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and completed a joint thesis during my senior year. I am interested in issues of social justice, mental health, media, and global welfare.