Pathways to Mindfulness and Wholeness: A Stress Reduction Course

mindfulness-istock-prv

When I was an undergraduate, I felt like I was doing absolutely everything on campus. Between jobs, classes, clubs, and real life; I felt like I was constantly being pulled in so many different directions. I know from speaking to others on campus that I’m not the only person who felt like that. At Wesleyan we like to talk about how involved the student body is, that one of the few unifying attributes of a Wes student is that they are doing five things at once. However, we also would like to make sure that our students are being supported so that they can feel like they are being the best they can be without feeling overwhelmed.

In response to this issue, Wesleyan will be continuing to offer the successful Pathways to Mindfulness and Wholeness non-credit course that began last year. I took this course last fall and found it to be incredibly helpful. This course strives to bring together theory and practice in order to help students reduce stress. This six week course will begin on 9/30 and continue for six Mondays from 6p-8p. Admission is on a rolling basis and those who were referred by ENGAGE (use Catherine Lechowicz for name as referrer) will be considered for priority enrollment. You can find the application here, and if you have any questions about this fantastic opportunity, feel free to contact Rabbi David Leipziger Teva at dleipziger@wesleyan.edu.

Jelisa Adair

I am the Civic Engagement Fellow for 2013-2014. While a student at Wesleyan I double majored in Psychology and Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and completed a joint thesis during my senior year. I am interested in issues of social justice, mental health, media, and global welfare.