It’s never too early to start thinking about spring break plans, and Unite for Sight has you covered with the Innovator’s Forum! The Innovator’s Forum will take place on March 14 in New Haven, CT. Registration is open now until March 10th, register now to take advantage of lower pricing. The Innovator’s Forum will draw health, education, development, and social entrepreneurship professionals and students for a focused, highly interactive, and collaborative conference on best and emerging practices for effective programs. Learn more about the speakers and peruse the schedule for what is sure to be an incredible event!
8:15-8:30am: Opening Remarks
- Jennifer Staple-Clark, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Unite For Sight
8:30-9:25am: Keynote Address
- “Managing Uncertainty,” Ken Himmelman, Chief Program Officer, Partners In Health
9:35am-10:10am: Conversations with Early-Stage Innovators
- Ken Himmelman will engage in a conversation with:
- Moleen Madziva, Macheke Sustainability Project
- Jonathan Sigworth, Director, ESCIP India Trust
Moleen Madziva and Jonathan Sigworth will give a presentation about their respective organizations, and they will then engage in a dialogue with Ken Himmleman and Leila Makarechi. The expert speakers will answer questions and offer guidance and advice. The entire audience will then have an opportunity to ask questions of the presenters and the expert speakers. In addition to offering a unique opportunity for the two selected presenters, the Innovators Forum audience will gain extensive insight from the expert speakers about navigating the challenges and complexities experienced by innovators who are working to grow their organizations. Conference participants applied for the opportunity to present.
10:15-11:35am: Perspectives on Innovating
- “Building a Health Delivery Model for 1 Billion Rural People, Starting with One Remote Village in Liberia,” Jason Bae, Director, Last Mile Health
- “A New Face of American Diplomacy: Global Health Service Abroad,” Vanessa Kerry, Chief Executive Officer, Seed Global Health
- “The Developing World’s Healthcare Problems are Complicated. The Solutions Don’t Need to Be,” David Barash, Executive Director, Global Health Portfolio and Chief Medical Officer, GE Foundation
11:35-12:45pm: Lunch Reception with Forum Speakers
- The meal cost is included in the registration fee.