Listen up, seniors! Rishi Shah ’12 is a Business Analyst at JDS Therapeutics, an innovative specialty pharmaceutical/nutraceutical firm in the NYC/Westchester area. He wrote to the Patricelli Center to spread the word about some entry level job openings:
“We are looking for strong candidates to apply to the open Business Analyst and Scientific Affairs Analyst entry level positions. We are also looking for applicants for two internship roles: Summer Analyst and Scientific Affairs Summer Analyst. Having spent a good amount of time in the Patricelli Center working on MINDS with Raghu Appasani ’12, I thought these opportunities would appeal to students there.
For a little bit of background on our company:
JDS Therapeutics is an innovative specialty pharmaceutical/nutraceutical firm in the NYC/Westchester area that was launched in November 2011, led by Phillip and Michael Satow, two highly accomplished entrepreneurs.
Some of the highlights of working here:
- ~20% of office are Wesleyan alumni (we’re chill, but work hard and have fun)
- Frequent opportunities to learn, prove yourself, increase responsibility, and try new things across the business
- Coaching / mentorship from former strategy consultants, brilliant scientists, and successful entrepreneurs of the serial variety
- Meaningful interaction with C-Suite every week (for example, I have been presenting weekly updates to our leadership team on one of our recently launched products)
Given the start-up nature of the company, we need strong candidates with the ability to handle the company’s steep learning curve. The “usual suspect” characteristics of such candidates include:
- Top academic performer (typically 3.5+ GPA)
- Solid analytical skills
- Strong “people skills”
- Strong work ethic
- Demonstrates leadership potential
However, please let this serve as a guide rather than a list of hard requirements. We would also like to consider the potential “diamond in the dust” candidates at Wesleyan.”
JDS Therapeutics will be presenting an info session at the Wesleyan Career Center on Tuesday, February 11, 7:30-8:30 p.m., or you can contact Rishi directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.