Vera Fellowship Program:
Location: Vera currently has teams in Mumbai, Nairobi, and Geneva. Placements will be determined during application process. Position may include short and medium term travel.
Focus: Process design, data systems, development-sector consulting, impact measurement, cloud and mobile technology, Force.com platform
Supervisor: Country Director
Term: One year (mid July 2014-July 2015)
In its third year, the Vera Fellowship program provides first-hand experience and mentorship in the design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and management systems in health, education, and development, along with the opportunity to live and work in an international environment. Fellows gain valuable experience and knowledge of Force.com—the world’s leading cloud-computing platform currently used by more than 100,000 for-profit and 20,000 non-profit organizations worldwide—as well as exposure to and fluency in the landscape of cloud- and mobile-technologies used across the sector.
Fellows are based in one of Vera’s hubs and many have the opportunity to travel on a short or medium-term basis for consulting projects with Vera’s clients worldwide. Vera Fellows come from diverse professional and educational backgrounds but share a common passion for using technology to advance the social impact sector. Vera is currently accepting applications for the 2014-2015 Fellowship class.
Fellows play a key role in the design, configuration and support of data systems for Vera’s clients worldwide and are expected to get their hands dirty from the word “go.” They are involved throughout the project’s lifecycle—gathering requirements, participating in design sessions, building online, offline, and mobile data tools, and providing training and technical assistance services. Fellows also perform research and development on new technologies, support Vera’s directors in client screening and sales, and some take on specialized roles in communications, operations and other internal projects.
Fellows will join our small team of passionate people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organizations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group and we place a high priority on collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism. Vera is a young company and growing quickly, and all team members are encouraged to push their own boundaries and drive the company forward in new directions.
- Work closely with Vera’s consultants to design, build, implement, and support cloud and mobile data systems for a range of social service organizations worldwide
- Research new technologies, methodologies, and tools relevant to public health, education, poverty alleviation, and other international development focus-areas
- Assist in internal and external communications efforts including sharing latest field-research, writing blog posts, and contributing to the website
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree—what you studied isn’t critical, how passionate you are is
- Demonstrated interest in social service work—whether domestic or international
- Curiosity—do problems slow you down or drive you to look for answers?
- Comfort with data and technology—you absolutely don’t need to know how to program, but if an Excel spreadsheet scares you, this might not be the job for you
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Availability to work non-traditional hours as determined by clients in multiple time zones
- Availability for international and domestic travel
- Professional experience, preferably in developing countries
- Fluency/proficiency in another language
- Experience working with and/or developing on the Force.com platform
Vera Solutions offers competitive compensation (including benefits), commensurate with experience and cost of living.
Complete an online application (attaching CV and cover letter) by April 8, 2014.
For additional information, please contact email@example.com.