About the Challenge
In the face of critical and complex challenges, we believe that children and young people need to better develop creativity, imaginative problem-solving, teamwork, empathy, and inspiration so they can step into leadership roles in pursuit of purpose.
Play is one of the brain’s favorite ways of learning. It allows us to practice, experiment and test how we might tackle similar challenges in the real world as we develop creative and critical skills along the way. There is also a playfulness in invention and innovation, two things we need more of in a world where solutions must outpace problems. Science proves that. Why not encourage more playful, enthusiastic learning everywhere we can?
The LEGO Foundation and Ashoka are teaming up in an effort to transform the way the world learns and you’re the most important player.
Up for the challenge?
Here’s the big incentive: everyone is a winner. As you share your ideas to help us map the landscape of innovation in education, we’ll give you personalized feedback and support to help bring your vision for change – what you’re most passionate about – to life. We’ll also welcome you into a global network of like-minded parents, educators, administrators, and social entrepreneurs—both online and on the ground—who are challenging the conventions of learning because changemaking can’t wait for future generations.
That’s not all: In November, 2014, 10 star Players will be named Champions of learning through play and will receive cash prizes totalling $200,000, as well as technical assistance and in-kind support.
This challenge has been designed to allow everyone to contribute, connect and benefit. If you’re designing environments where kids and adults learn through play, whether at home, in a classroom or on a playground, we want to hear about it. So share your ideas and energy wherever you are: submit a proposal, comment in an online conversation on Twitter
, or attend one of the face-to-face meetups that we’re hosting around the world.
- This challenge is open to all individuals, organizations, and partnerships from around the world who are using play or playful approaches to enrich learning.
- All Players should be interested in joining a global network of change agents dedicated to re-imagine learning.
- Players should have a specific and thoughtful idea for re-imagining learning.
- Ideas must focus on transforming learning for children and young people using play, playful learning approaches, hands-on and minds-on strategies, or other innovative approaches.
- Entries may be specific and well-planned: new ideas, or established strategies with proven impact.
- Entries must be submitted in English, Spanish, Portuguese, or French.
Learn more about Re-Imagine Learning Challenge and apply now.