The Green Street Art Center hosts many exciting programs and events throughout the year – Web Design courses, Capoeira, Preschool music classes, you name it! – and they’re looking for a student intern to make sure that everyone on campus and around town knows about all the fun things they have to offer.
Students who participate in this unpaid internship can receive .25 academic credits through CSPL493.
Intern responsibilities include:
– Design easy-to-edit flyers for program promotion
– Post flyers around campus and downtown
– Design monthly calendar for promotion
– Share program and event information online
– Assist in managing social media – Facebook and Twitter (familiarity with TweetDeck a plus)
– Assist with website management, updates
– Write regular stories about Green Street programs for our blog, interviews with students, artists, etc.
– Photograph and record events as needed
– Microsoft Office
– Cascade (preferred, can provide training)
– Facebook, Twitter, TweetDeck (preferred)
Interns are welcome to use the Green Street computer labs when they’re available, but it would be best if the student has access to his or her own laptop.
– Send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to the Green Street Director, Sara MacSorley at smacsorley[at]wesleyan[dot]edu. You may also include samples of event photographs and/or videos.
– Submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample through the Career Drive listing
The deadline to apply is September 16, 2014.