Intern for Senator Chris Murphy in Hartford

Wesleyan students have been a fantastic addition to Senator Murphy’s Hartford office in the past, and his staff is eager to welcome a few motivated and well-rounded interns on board for the spring semester. Apply by December 5 to join Team Murphy:

murpheatureA Congressional internship is a valuable opportunity for students with an interest in public service to gain hands-on experience and knowledge of the United States Senate.

Internships are available in my offices in Washington, DC, and Hartford, CT.  I am seeking hard-working and detail-oriented college students with outstanding communication and time management skills.  An ardent desire to help others is required.  Interns will work closely with my staff and constituents to attain a broad understanding of the interaction between citizens and their government.  Interns assist my staff with various administrative tasks, including answering phones and sorting mail, and also participate in more substantive activities, including drafting responses to constituent inquiries, conducting legislative research, attending briefings, hearings, meetings, press conferences, and other events, and drafting memos for the staff and me.

To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and two brief writing samples to: Office of Senator Chris Murphy, Attn: Alice Diaz, One Constitution Plaza, 7th Floor, Hartford, CT 06103.