Conversations Continue

It’s been a busy two weeks for the Civic Action Plan process. I’ve had the great pleasure of meeting with the WSA leadership team and general assembly, Senior Administrative Staff, Library Staff, the Rotary Club, and the Registrar’s Office.

To date, we’ve met with 7 different groups and over 100 people. We have 2 more meetings scheduled and several more in the works.  You can see all the meetings here.  If you have a group that you think we should meet with, please let me know!

In addition to the meetings, we’ve connected with the Quantitative Analysis Center and students are going to help us analyze the notes from all of our meetings and create a report on key themes. I can say anecdotally there are some consistent themes that I know will give us good data from which to craft an actionable plan.

The conversations have been invigorating and inspiring. Many people are already deeply engaged with community and others have a desire to be engaged if equipped with information. I have so many ideas of how we may develop a stronger network of support for engagement. I realize that it is critical that we continue to cultivate a culture of engagement – this should not be perceived as something extra, rather engagement is a foundational value of our community. 

Conversations will continue throughout the spring. We will then take all that information to create an actionable plan that is both practical and aspirational. Stay tuned for updates as we continue to have conversations and feel free to leave your thoughts here