Jewett Center for Community Partnerships
Student Political Engagement Fund
The Jewett Center for Community Partnerships wants to support your political campaign work over Fall Break! We will be awarding grants to students (up to $500 each) helping political campaigns locally or in their home communities between October 19th and October 24th.
The Jewett Center has long been committed to offering a range of experiential learning opportunities that encourage students to engage civic life in meaningful ways. The Student Political Engagement Fund represents one of the many ways in which Wesleyan students can Engage Today!
- Fill out an application letting us know where and how you plan on politically engaging and provide us with an estimated budget of what the funds would go towards.
- Once you’re approved, go do the thing! Go, Fight, Win!
- After Fall break, submit a work verification sheet signed by a campaign manager or supervisor.
- All grantees will be expected to submit a public report for the ENGAGE blog (http://engage.wesleyan.edu), which should include photos or other media and a reflection on the experience. In addition, please be prepared to be called on to participate in on-campus political engagement work, including voter registration drives, speaking at civic engagement panels, and/or other Allbritton Center events.
You may already be connected to a political campaign or political issue, but if you’re looking for work to connect with, check out these resources:
- Progressives under 35 (local/state races): https://runforsomething.net/
- Progressives (congressional): https://brandnewcongress.org/
- Progressives candidates and issues: https://candidates.moveon.org/
- Non-partisan, LGBTQ candidates: https://victoryinstitute.org/
- Non-partisan, women: https://voterunlead.org/
- Non-partisan, women: https://sheshouldrun.org/
- Non-partisan, Black women: http://www.higherheightsforamerica.org/
- Moderate GOP women: https://gopwomenforprogress.org/
- Republican women: http://www.nfrw.org/
- Democratic women: https://emergeamerica.org/
- Democratic candidates (state races): https://www.sisterdistrict.com/
If you are interested in connecting with local campaigns and/or have questions about the application process, please email email@example.com.
Applications are due on Monday, October 8, 2018 at 11:59 pm.
* Please note, grants will be awarded based on projected budget and estimated work time.
Apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/UrCTJtvkV2IpoNf33