2019 JCCP Student Innovation Fund
During the 2018-2019 academic year, nearly 400 Wesleyan students engaged in programs sponsored by the Jewett Center for Community Partnerships (JCCP). Students have worked on behalf of educational programs, programs addressing hunger and homelessness, among others. All student efforts are representative of our commitment to co-creating mutually respectful partnerships in pursuit of a just, equitable, and sustainable future for communities beyond the campus—nearby and around the world.
The Jewett Center for Community Partnerships will continue to support this work while encouraging student innovation in an effort to deepen our contribution to the greater Middletown community.
In the spring of 2019, students will be awarded up to $750 for spring OR summer projects that support at least one of the following categories in the greater Middletown community:
Collaboration between student groups, faculty/staff, and/or community partners.
- We encourage students to envision, then implement innovations that strengthen collaboration across student groups, campus units/departments, and partnerships with community institutions.
Investigation of the impact of our civic engagement efforts.
- We welcome proposals that will shed light on the impact of Wesleyan student civic engagement efforts.
Sharing of ideas and learnings in civic engagement via:
- Paper submissions
- Conference presentations
- Digital and/or print media
- On-campus or off-campus sharing events (panels with guests, short films, etc)
- Fill out an application, indicating the category of support (Collaboration, Investigation, or Sharing) you are applying for.
- Implement your innovation in Spring or Summer 2019. JCCP staff can support your work through brainstorming, connecting you to community partners, or advertising through ENGAGE channels.
- All grantees will be expected to submit a public report for the ENGAGE blog, which should include photos or other media about your project experience, learning, and results. In addition, please be prepared to be called on to participate at civic engagement panels, and/or other Allbritton Center events.
Have questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Applications are due Friday, February 1, 2019
Grantees will be notified by Friday, February 8, 2019
*Please note, grants will be awarded based on projected budget
Apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/JegRG20uHSuKvzK53