To date, close to 200 Wesleyan students have signed off on the Cardinal Community Commitment – a set of values which reflects the university’s collective approach to civic engagement, as well as our commitment to working in partnership and learning from our experiences.
The Jewett Center for Community Partnerships is keeping that momentum going by hosting two upcoming events.
Cardinal Community Commitment: Get Familiar [This event has been cancelled]
an event for Wesleyan students who want to learn more about community service opportunities
- Meet other students interested in civic engagement
- Jewett Center for Community Partnerships staff members Diana Martinez and Rhea Drozdenko will talk about ways you can get involved in the Middletown community and beyond.
- Amy Grillo, Associate Professor of the Practice in Education Studies will talk about upcoming training opportunities.
Wednesday, October 2nd from 4:30-6:00 pm in Boger 112
Space is limited, please RSVP here: https://forms.gle/Zn6P8wpUPJZBDvhL9
Cardinal Community Commitment:
Understand Your Needs
an event for Wesleyan students who are already involved in community service that works with young people through tutoring or mentoring
- Meet civically engaged student leaders
- Amy Grillo, Associate Professor of the Practice in Education Studies will facilitate a discussion on the ways Wesleyan supports students to do community service.
- What are some of the benefits and challenges of the work that you do?
- What types of training and resources do your student groups need?
- How can we work collaboratively to make sure your student volunteers have the skills they need?
Tuesday, October 8th, from 4:30-6:00 pm in Exley 121
Space is limited, please RSVP here: https://forms.gle/ezZGFXzqHTFcej5e7
If you have any questions about these events, or are unable to attend but have ideas for upcoming trainings, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org