The Buttonwood Tree is seeking a federal work-study student to be an Outreach/Events Assistant.
Read their job description below:
The Buttonwood Tree is a nonprofit arts organization within walking distance to Wesleyan, next to It’s Only Natural market. We were started by a Wesleyan alumna in 1989 as a grass-routes community Arts space and are still growing! We focus on supporting the creative endeavors of emerging and professional artists and those in our community in a myriad of ways. We work to uplift and unite people by maintaining an energetically positive space with eclectic performances. We offer a relaxed and fun atmosphere where you can personally learn and grow and meet many interesting people and we aim to increase our availability to Wesleyan students by offering an alternative performance space and work-study / internship positions.
We are seeking 2 – 3 students who have good to above-average computer and interpersonal skills. Jobs would be in the creative writing, graphic design, marketing, data analysis, and nonprofit administration areas. Training is available. Daytime, evening, and weekend hours possible, you may work at The Buttonwood Tree (a really cool space downtown), remotely, or both, and we can work around your school schedule. Consider joining our team!
To apply to work for this position you must be a federal work-study student and complete the following steps:
1) Complete The OCS Registration Process on the JCCP OrgSync page. This process includes a Mandated Reporter Video and an Employment Webinar that you must watch.
2) Set up a meeting with Diana Martinez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3) If you meet the minimum qualifications for the position, our staff will refer you to the hiring agency.
4) Interview with hiring agency.
5) Agency will make the official hire.
See more JCCP Nonprofit Community Positions here: https://www.wesleyan.edu/jccp/get-involved/workstudy-positions.html