Research Assistant, Center for Prison Education
Deadline: February 7, 2020
Department: Center for Prison Education/Jewett Center for Community Partnerships
Department location: Jewett Center for Community Partnerships Allbritton Hall 3rd Floor
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support CPE students’ academic work through the fulfillment of research requests, which include:
- (a) critical course assistance
- (b) class-related research and,
- (c) research for post-release academic opportunities
- Manage and organize the request fulfillment process by filing and maintaining a log of all student requests
- Oversee the timely fulfilment of book requests which involves retrieving and returning books from the library, maintaining the library book inventory, and recording and communicating cancellations and recalls of requested books
- Facilitate the quick turnover of requests by organizing and labeling all completed requests
- Help support CPE programming by responding to letter correspondences and inquiries regarding eligibility for the CPE program
- Report to CPE staff throughout the semester to receive necessary training, feedback, and support
- Excellent oral and written and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects effectively and simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Scheduling and hours per week: This position starts at the date hired and runs through the academic semester. It is 6 hours/week.
Applications will be reviewed and finalists will be invited for in-person interviews.
Applications should include a cover letter, resume, and Wesleyan transcript (unofficial is acceptable).
Supervisor(s): Daniel McGloin, Anya Weinstock
Contact name(s): Daniel McGloin, Anya Weinstock
Contact email(s): firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com