Food Drive for Amazing Grace Food Pantry!

In conjunction with Dan Froot and Dan Hurlin’s Who’s Hungry performance, we are holding a food drive for the Amazing Grace Food Pantry! This month, Amazing Grace issued a RED ALERT, meaning that they do not have enough food to feed the over 1,000 families that rely on the pantry to put food on their tables. The pre-holiday season is often one of the most difficult times of the year for contributions.

The Amazing Grace Food Pantry is in most need of peanut butter, tuna fish, hearty soups (not broth or tomato), pasta sauce, baked beans, pasta, and side dishes (like mac and cheese, Rice-A-Roni, etc.), but all food items are gratefully accepted. Those who have excess garden produce are also encouraged to donate!

To donate, just bring your food items to the loading dock behind Allbritton and drop them in the bin labeled “Amazing Grace Food Donations”.   

Jelisa Adair

I am the Civic Engagement Fellow for 2013-2014. While a student at Wesleyan I double majored in Psychology and Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and completed a joint thesis during my senior year. I am interested in issues of social justice, mental health, media, and global welfare.