Energize CT Looking for Students

energizeEnergize CT, a new energy assistance program sponsored by Middletown is looking for students! Energize CT sends pairs of people into homes in the North End to replace light bulbs and conduct an energy needs survey. This project will take place on selective Fridays and Saturdays in November and early December. Students have the option to either earn money (up to $50/day) or opt for community service hours. All participants will take part in a training and have badges to signal their affiliation with this project. This project is funded by Connecticut Light and Power and overseen by an energy consulting firm.

If you are interested in this opportunity or would like to learn more, please contact Lydia Brewster at lydia@svdmiddletown.org.

Jelisa Adair

I am the Civic Engagement Fellow for 2013-2014. While a student at Wesleyan I double majored in Psychology and Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and completed a joint thesis during my senior year. I am interested in issues of social justice, mental health, media, and global welfare.