Leadership Study Program Opportunity

Looking for a way to shake up your winter break? Check out this opportunity brought to our attention by Sarah-Jane Ripa ’02:

Leadership Study Program

PRICE

$1410

DURATION

3 weeks

PARTICIPANT

8 min to 15 max

DISTANCE

Cambodia

feature

We begin our journey by first landing in the capital city of Phnom Penh, where we will settle for few days at our favorite guest house. We will have a chance to visit and understand the unique culture of Cambodia, to visit the Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda, and experience the traditional blessings from the local monks for our safe and good luck journey.

On the next day, we will continue to learn more about the dark period of Cambodia’s history over the last 30 years, during the rule of the Khmer Rouge. We will visit the Toul Sleng prison, where Pol Pot tortured prisoners and then sent them to the Choeung Ek killing fields…

Read more about this opportunity here.

Jelisa Adair

I am the Civic Engagement Fellow for 2013-2014. While a student at Wesleyan I double majored in Psychology and Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and completed a joint thesis during my senior year. I am interested in issues of social justice, mental health, media, and global welfare.