SEEED Summit at Brown University (4/25-26)

SEEEDWant an excuse to go to Providence, RI? Interested in social entrepreneurship as a vehicle for economic development?

The SEEED Summit, a collaboration between Brown University and Social Venture Partners Rhode Island (SVPRI), is the first national conference that focuses on what is needed to build an effective social enterprise ecosystem that can drive economic development. It aims to convene all ecosystem stakeholders including practitioners, business leaders, academics, impact investors, students and policymakers.

Student tickets are $25/day (or $45 for the full 2-day conference). The keynote speech will be given by  Jim Gibbons and Jeffrey Hollender, and is entitled: The Opportunities and Challenges of For-Profit versus Non-Profit Social Ventures.

Read more and buy tickets at http://seeed.org/.

Jelisa Adair

I am the Civic Engagement Fellow for 2013-2014. While a student at Wesleyan I double majored in Psychology and Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and completed a joint thesis during my senior year. I am interested in issues of social justice, mental health, media, and global welfare.