Global Good Fund invests in high potential young leaders who stand for something greater than themselves and demonstrate a yearning to positively impact the world through entrepreneurship through a 12-month Fellowship experience. We support our Fellows in their natural work environments to assess their leadership, craft personalized Leadership Development Plans in line with their personal and business growth strategy, and coach Fellows through plan implementation with up to USD 10,000 of leadership development funding. The Global Good Fund is now accepting applications for its January 2015 class. Please check out globalgoodfund.org for more information.
The application is comprised of 3 parts:
Part 1 (Before August 1, 2014)
Part 1 of the application consists of an informational Skype or telephone call after The Global Good Fund has received the preliminary questionnaire. This questionnaire can be accessed at the bottom of this page. This must be completed before Part 2 can be accepted.
Part 2 (Due August 1, 2014)
Part 2 of the application is broken into two sections: leadership capacity and enterprise and social impact. Candidates must also submit a recent resume and secure two people – a current colleague who reports to the candidate and a reference who is senior to the candidate who has acted as his/her boss, mentor/adviser, or board member – to complete the leadership character inquiry. Once The Global Good Fund has reviewed this part of the application, we will invite select candidates to interview via phone or Skype. All candidates will receive notification about advancing to Part 3 by September 15, 2014.
Part 3 (between September-November 2014)
Part 3 of the application consists of a site visit by a representative of The Global Good Fund. This ideally is done in person but if issues arise, a virtual site visit will be arranged. These visits will occur between September – November 2014. Candidates will be notified about selection as a Global Good Fund Fellow by December 1, 2014.
Every candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership and growth potential;
- The enterprise that the candidate leads is at least one year old;
- Candidate is coachable, meaning that he/she is willing to embrace honest critique and feedback;
- Committed full‐time to running his/her enterprise;
- The enterprise exhibits growth potential, meaning scale or depth of outreach;
- The enterprise is moving towards a model of financial sustainability;
- Ability to dedicate 15 months to The Global Good Fund Fellowship while remaining in his/her workplace;
- Candidate must be willing to drive the Fellowship process and take ownership of his/her leadership development;
- Fellow shows commitment to giving back; he/she actively mentors and invests in team members or other individuals;
- Under 40 years of age (if not under 40, explain rationale for Fellowship.
Please direct any questions, comments, or concerns about the application to Karin Fujii at Karin.Fujii@globalgoodfund.org.