The Wesleyan Argus seeks a Fundraising Manager, see their post below:
Hey there! Are you interested in marketing/advertising/
We’re looking for someone who has:
• Initiative! This job requires proactively reaching out to potential advertisers and coming up with your own fundraising ideas, so being a go-getter is 100 percent necessary.
• Organizational skills! Keeping track of the people and organizations you’ve been in touch with is important for you, and also important so that the fundraising managers in the years to come know about our past practices.
• Timeliness! Responding to advertisers quickly is crucial to establishing a good connection with them.
• Communication skills! The foundation of this job is being able to send attractive emails and make compelling phone calls, so have a little salesmanship!
• 4-6 hours per week to devote to The Argus
• Work study preferred
We also offer food from Haveli, Typhoon, and Mondo during our production nights on Mondays and Thursdays, where you would be more than welcome!
You have a lot of freedom with this position, and you can set aside time that works for your schedule. We’re open to fundraising in ways that are most interesting to you, so feel free to—and we’d encourage you to—come up with your own ideas outside of soliciting advertisements!
These are especially great skills for work in non-profits and NGOs, where fundraising is king.
If you’re interested, email us at email@example.com and we can set up a time to meet! No previous experience required.