Each year, the Patricelli Center for Social Entrepreneurship awards $5,000 seed grants to fund the launch or early-stage growth of a project, program, or venture. Holistic Wealth run by Inayah Bashir ’20, Kolbi Bradley ’20, Xianna Ortiz ’20, Kobe Guilford and Latisha Leaperl ’20 was one of this year’s winners. This is their first report since receiving funding from the PCSE in March 2020.
COVID-19 coupled with the ongoing genocide of black people in America has only illustrated the dire need for holistic wellness practices and mental wellness education. Promoting mental wellness is especially needed in black communities, poor communities, and communities of color; therefore, Holistic Wealth has been primarily planning programming that can help black communities heal from the trauma that Western ideology has caused. The Holistic Wealth team has created a curriculum for a Black Womxn and Black Man Solidarity Circle that will be focusing on the topic of love. This programming will be implemented at the start of July! Further, we have been using funding to establish ourselves as a legal entity, as well as creating promotional materials for the knowledge that we are hoping to share. Below are updates on how we have developed over the past three months.
- Working with InCorps to finalize legal documentation for LLC status in New Jersey
- Established a Team (we hold weekly meetings to plan and strategize)
- Inayah Bashir ‘20 (Founder & Co-Principal)
- Kolbi Bradley ‘20 (Research Specialist)
- Xianna Ortiz (Marketing Manager)
- Kobe Guilford (Spiritual Wellness Researcher)
- Latisha Leaperl ‘20 (Instructor Coordinator)
- Launched our social media presence with the creation of the Instagram @holisticwealthcommunity (the focus of this community is to share wellness practices, news, and information in an easy to understand format while building a digital community of support)
- Launching a Black Womxn Solidarity Circle and Black Men Solidarity Circle for the month of July (a pilot workshop session being done virtually)
- Website is currently under development
- In contact with educational organizations and universities about hosting and piloting programming for first-generation and low-income students
Ways to Support:
- Please follow @holisticwealthcommunity on Instagram
- If you know of any school communities or community members who could benefit from mental wellness programming (discussion, party, panel, etc.), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org