Date(s) - 04/29/2016 - 04/30/2016
8:30 am - 2:30 pm
The SEEED Summit is a leading national conference for social entrepreneurs, impact investors and community leaders committed to social innovation. We hope you’ll be among the 600+ thought leaders who will converge in Providence, RI April 29th and 30th, 2016. The conference is hosted jointly by Social Enterprise Greenhouse and The Social Innovation Initiative at Brown Unversity, in collaboration with sponsors The City of Providence, The Rhode Island Commerce Corporation and Worldways Social Marketing, as well as knowledge partners Bridgespan andNeighborhood Economics/SOCAP.
This year’s conference theme is Growing Businesses with Impact. We will explore the unique challenges facing a social enterprise at three stages of growth, with half day modules devoted to launching, growing and transforming.
The conference uses a “pay what you can model.” It costs them $200 to host each attendee, but the minimum registration fee is only 1$. You can register here. Registration is refundable and transferable.
- Convened 1,000+ social enterprise leaders from 20+ states
- The Buy with Heart Marketplace (a social venture marketplace and career fair) featured 60+ ventures
- Over 100 hours of coaching by accomplished business leaders for social entrepreneurs
- Select Conference Keynotes:
- David Brancaccio, host/senior editor of CBS’ NOW
- Kevin Jones, founder of SOCAP
- Ira Magaziner CEO of the Clinton Health Access Initiative;
- Dennis Whittle, co-founder of Global Giving;
- Robert Kaplan, co-chairman Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation;
- Jeffrey Hollender, co-founder of Seventh Generation,
- Thomas E. Perez U.S. Secretary of Labor
- Matt Stinchcomb Etsy,
- Judy Wicks, White Dog Cafe