Jennifer Roach ’14 and Summer of Solutions on ioby.org

As a follow up to this May 15 job opportunities post, we wanted to share this WesChat email from Jennifer Roach ’14:

Jennifer-Roach-210x195Hello Alumni!

I am a Wesleyan junior, and three years ago I co-founded the Summer of Solutions Hartford, a youth leadership development and food justice nonprofit in Hartford. We run ten-week summer programs to train young people in leadership skills and urban farming. Over the past two summers, we have built two community and two school gardens in Hartford, taught cooking and gardening to over 300 elementary school students, and welcomed over 200 community members to the gardens.

We are set to run our third program from June 17-August 16th this summer, and we have just launched an ioby.org crowd-funding campaign to raise $4,000 to provide need-based stipends to participants who are committing full time to the program.

I would love support from the Wesleyan alumni network on my campaign. Can you make a contribution to help us reach our goal?

You can read more about my project here: soshartford.wordpress.comYou can contribute to the campaign here: https://www.ioby.org/project/summer-solutions-hartford

Thank you very much for your support!

If you have any questions, please send me an email at jroach@wesleyan.edu

Thanks,

Jennifer Roach, Class of 2014