Aug. 26, 2013 by Jelisa Adair
Acumen is looking for its next Regional Fellows! the Acumen Regional Fellows Program seeks to provide its Fellows with training in leadership and social development, access to a network of regional and global leaders who are working towards social change, and the tools necessary to accelerate social change initiatives. To be eligible, applicants must have been working for social change for at least 2-3 years. For more information, visit Acumen’s website. The deadline is September 2nd, so if you are not able to apply this year, begin thinking about applying in 2014!
WHO BECOMES A REGIONAL FELLOW?
- Entrepreneurs and leaders within organizations (for-profit, non-profit, and government) with a compelling social change project that has been operating for the last 2-3 years
- Individuals who plan to continue developing their initiative for the duration of the program
- Individuals with a deep passion and commitment to their region
- Individuals with a proven track record of leadership and management responsibilities
- Individuals with unrelenting perseverance, personal integrity and critical thinking skills
THE SELECTION PROCESS
The selection process for this program is very rigorous and highly competitive. Here is a general timeline of the process:
- Online Applications: 15 July to 2 September 2013
- Telephone Interviews: September to October 2013
- In-Person Interviews: November 2013
- Final Selection: December 2013
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
The online application consists of:
- Background information
- Two references
- Short & long answer questions
To find out more about what makes a successful application, click here. Best of luck!