Locking Down Lockers with Middletown Potluck

middletownpotluckThe Middletown Potluck student group is hosting an Indiegogo campaign to provide lockers for the homeless community in Middletown. From the campaign page:

We are Middletown Potluck, a group dedicated to building a community between Middletown residents and Wesleyan students. At a recent potluck we all discussed serious problems that face the homeless community and what we can do to help. Public lockers to store the homeless’ personal property, which is frequently stolen or thrown away, would be one small step to assist in this issue of social emergency. Please donate what you can 🙂

100% of what you donate will go directly to purchasing lockers. The placement of the lockers will be a community process handled in tandem with the city and with various homelessness advocacy groups.

If you’re inclined to help out this campaign, visit their Indiegogo page here.

Jelisa Adair

I am the Civic Engagement Fellow for 2013-2014. While a student at Wesleyan I double majored in Psychology and Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and completed a joint thesis during my senior year. I am interested in issues of social justice, mental health, media, and global welfare. 

Tags: