From Danielle Pruitt ’15 and Rebecca Seidel ’15:
Ideas never stop brewing under Wesleyan’s surface. In carrels, on stages, and around the world, students are constantly creating new things and re-conceptualizing the world. But rarely as students do we get the opportunity to showcase the journeys we take to get to these moments of creativity and clarity.
Think Out Loud is a platform for students to showcase projects they are passionate about or ideas they are pursuing. For one hour on Friday, seven Wesleyan students will take the stage. Think TED Talks, but more interactive.
Come to the DFC at 7:00 PM on Friday, April 24 to learn from and enjoy the following presentations:
- Brent Packer – “Potlux: The Collegiate Sustainability Initiatives Network”
- Gwen Rosen – “Sex in Seventeen: Why Promotional is Not Positive”
- Mia Deng, Shirley Fang, and Mika Reyes – “Innovation through Design Thinking”
- David Stouck – “全球话嘻哈 Globalizing Chinese Hip Hop: Creating Cross-Cultural Socio-Political Rap Music”
- Jacob Sussman, Sarah Wax, Youri Rebeko, and Lorenza Stahl – “The Power of Creative Collaboration”
- Jaxie Friedman – “Food Consciousness: Reconnecting to the Roots of Our Food”
- Ismael Coleman – “Culture in a Box”
More details on the Facebook event page.